Self care often slips to the bottom of our to do lists. But taking care of yourself isn’t a luxury. It’s essential. And during this difficult time when stress is running high, it’s important more than ever. Turn your coronavirus quarantine into a self care staycation.
Here are some realistic self care tips for anyone who might be having a rough day:
- Get out of bed.
- Brush your teeth.
- Wash your face.
- Shower, even if you just get in and rinse off! The water might feel amazing for you!
- Open up the curtains to let the light come in.
- Eat something.
- Breathe! You can use grounding tools to support this. My favourite is the 54321 technique. Identify: 5 THINGS YOU CAN SEE. 4 THINGS YOU CAN TOUCH. 3 THINGS YOU CAN HEAR. 2 THINGS YOU CAN SMELL. 1 THING YOU CAN TASTE.
- Exercise, even if it’s just a small walk outside your back door for 10 seconds.
- Put on your favourite TV show or movie.
- Disconnect from the noise. Put your phone away and create a calm and peaceful space where you’re not pulled into the craze and panic.
- Acknowledge your feelings. Journal.
- Change your sheets.
- Take your medication.
- Stretch! Stretch out on the sofa or do some yoga.
- Check your text messages and answer those from people who are important or worried about you.
- Change your clothes if you didn’t when you first got out of bed.
- Put on some music.
- Laugh! They say “laughter is the best medicine”.. watch a funny video.
Self care includes self talk. Be aware of how you are talking to you and more importantly be kind to yourself ♡ ♥💕
I know it feels impossible to get up and start the day, but you can do it. It takes one step. Even if it is just to the sofa, you did something! It is okay if all you did today was exist. We all have rough days, but make sure you take care of yourself so you don’t make it worse x