- Stop, notice, accept, breathe. Slow it down. This provides distance and often times relief.
- Relax your nervous system regularly with deep breathing, essential oils, mantras, warm baths, dancing, cuddling.
- Self soothe. Nurture your worried mind and heightened physiology with self-talk. Eg. “You’re okay. This is anxiety because this means a lot to you but don’t forget no feeling is final.”
- Weigh the facts. Ask yourself – “What is actually true here? What’s the evidence?”. Once you’ve considered the reality of the situation, come up with a more balanced thought.
- Don’t fall into the avoidance trap. When you avoid situations you are not dealing with the anxiety.
- Test it out. Often, when we get anxious about things we are making a negative prediction about what will happen. If you make negative predications, be like a scientist and test it out or how will you ever know if your prediction was right?
DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP.